Parent Elections Update 13 November 2023
The Leathersellers' Federation parent election process has now closed and following the count administered by Choice Voting, the successful candidates for each of the local governing bodies and the federation board are as follows:
Prendergast Ladywell School local governing body:
- Zoe Kinstone
- Tom McTague
Prendergast School local governing body:
- Danny Bugler
- Ben Macdonald
Prendergast Vale School local governing body (no election as number of candidates matched number of places):
- Mohamed Khalil
- Tanya Sealey
Leathersellers’ Federation Board:
- Miguel Stucchi
- Claire Walker
These appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks. Appointments will be ratified at the first board meeting of the year on 17th January 2024, after which time the parents named above will become members of the board or LGBs.
Thanks to all parents and carers who stood to be candidates for the roles, and to all who voted. We look forward to welcoming the eight parents who will be taking up these positions.
Parent Elections Update 7 November 2023
Following the 1 November letter to parents/carers, please find below some information and reminders about the voting process:
- All registered parents and carers who have an email registered at their school should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org – if this has not been received, in the first instance please check your spam/junk folder. If you cannot find it there, please email Jenny Wingate on email@example.com by 8am on Friday 10th November and she will be able to help.
- As mentioned in the letter sent to parents/carers, if you do not have an email registered and wish to vote, you can vote by paper ballot – to do this you must let your school office know by 12 noon on Thursday 9th November – this will ensure we can provide the ballot details in sufficient time for them to be returned and processed.
Finally the deadline for voting is 12 noon on Monday 13th November. Please vote if you have not yet done so, and please encourage others to vote as well!
We will be notifying you of the outcome as soon as possible after 13th November.
There is also a governors’ open morning on Thursday 16th November 8.45am-9.45am to be held at Prendergast Vale School, Elmira Street, London SE13 7BN. All parents/carers are welcome to come and have a cup of tea with governors and hear more.
Parent Elections Update 1 November 2023
Thank you to all parents who submitted nomination forms for the roles of parent local governing body member and parent federation board member. We will be holding elections for the following:
- Prendergast Ladywell (including Prendergast Primary School) local governing body – 2 spaces for parents
- Prendergast School local governing body – 2 spaces for parents
- Leathersellers’ Federation board member – 2 spaces for parents
At Prendergast Vale School, we are pleased to say that two parents have nominated themselves and so subject to appointment checks, will be appointed to these roles.
All parents and carers will receive a letter outlining next steps along with an email from Choice Voting, the external online voting company which will provide details of how to vote.
If you have any queries once you have received this letter, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Elections Update 18 October 2023
The deadline for submission of nominations has now closed apart from for Prendergast Vale School local governing body.
There is one place remaining at PVS and so we have extended the deadline for nominations to 11pm on Monday 30th October. We would love to hear from you if you are interested.Please read the information below and email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Draft scheme of delegation
Candidate nomination form parent PVS LGB
If you want to know more about how the election will run, this can be found in these election procedures. In summary, elections will be run when there are more candidates than positions available. Elections will be run via an externally managed online voting system and once the ballots are closed, candidates and the parent community will be notified about the successful candidates; vote numbers won’t be published publicly but may be provided to candidates upon request and a report provided to the board.
If you have any queries, we’d be very happy to help. Please email Jenny Wingate, Clerk to Governors – firstname.lastname@example.org
4 October 2023
Dear Parents and Carers,
Election for Parent Representatives on Local Governing Bodies and Federation Board
The Leathersellers' Federation of Schools will become a multi-academy trust (MAT) in January 2024.
In creating the multi-academy trust there is an absolute commitment to involving parents and carers in the governance of Leathersellers’ Federation, both at a school and a MAT level. This will be enshrined in our Articles of Association, the key governing document for the MAT which states that there should be:
- 2 elected parent trustees on the Federation board (board of trustees)
- 2 elected parents on the local governing body (LGB) for each school within the trust - Prendergast Ladywell School (including Prendergast Primary School), Prendergast School and Prendergast Vale School.
We are holding elections for these positions so that these roles can be appointed to at the point of creation of the MAT in January 2024.
If you are interested in standing for election for one of the roles, please complete the candidate nomination form below and return to Jenny Wingate at email@example.com by 11pm on Monday 16th October 2023.
Please see the following documentation for further information:
Candidate nomination form
Draft scheme of delegation
If you would like to find out more about the role or talk to other parents who have been governors for the Federation, please contact Jenny Wingate at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require translation of any of the above documents, please contact your school.
If you require a hard copy of the Information pack, please see your school reception.