19/03/2020 Update to Parents and Carers - Covid-19
You have received partial school closure information from the Schools over the last two days. As you are aware there was a significant announcement about the closure of schools to most pupils yesterday, with the guarantee of further detailed advice to follow.
These are the key announcements.
- Schools to close to most pupils from Friday 20th March at end of day
- Schools to remain open for key worker groups
- Schools to remain open to vulnerable student groups: Education Health Care Plan and Children In Need; children with Social Workers – with more detail to follow
- Examination series to be cancelled for SATs, GCSE and A Levels. Ofqual to advise on consequent actions and qualifications to enable students to make progression to Post 16 and University provision
- National voucher scheme for pupils eligible for Free School Meals to be introduced
- Schools may remain open during the Easter holidays to key worker groups and vulnerable student groups
We are waiting for the advice from the DfE and the Cabinet Office in relation to who is defined as a key worker so that we can update you tomorrow about the detail of the arrangements for Monday 23rd March. We can confirm that the schools will be open on Monday 23rd March to provide education for the groups identified by the Secretary of State.
This is as much as we know right now and we appreciate your continued patience as we deal with this ever-changing situation. We understand that this latest news will have an impact on you and your family, but we will continue to keep in touch with any updates as the situation develops.
Posted on 19th March 2020