FAO Parents and Carers - Critical Worker Families
Dear Parents and Carers,
THE CHILDREN OF CRITICAL WORKERS
Thank you for reading and responding positively to our message on Friday 20th March. We are following Government and PHE advice and are fully supportive of the need to provide essential educational service to our critical workers, so that they can continue their vital roles at this challenging time.
Know that we have maintained a safe school provision for your child.
Please now contact the school as soon as possible if you are a critical worker, and you need your children to continue to access provision during the closure period. It is important that we plan to maintain educational provision for a period of time.
Please contact the school by emailing your school admin email address:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name (parent or carer), your child’s name, class/tutor group and school.
Please confirm which critical worker category you are in. We will need this information to continue to support the services that will be vital to combat COVID 19.
List of Key Workers:
- Social workers, care workers, health and social care staff and those required to maintain the sector
- Teachers, specialist education professionals and nursery staff
- Staff essential to the operation of the justice system
- Staff involved in the management of the deceased
- Administrative staff in local and central government essential to the delivery of the COVID-19 response or the delivery of essential public services, such as the payment of benefits. This includes government agencies and arms-length bodies
- Staff delivering essential public services such as payment of benefits
- Staff involved in the distribution of food or other key goods
- Police and police support staff
- Fire and rescue staff and support staff
- Transport workers
- Utilities workers
- Probation staff
- IT staff necessary to support COVID-19 response
- Payment providers
- Waste disposal service presumably including refuse collection
In addition, other workers described include:
- Armed forces personnel
- MoD civilian staff and contractors
- National Crime Agency
- Border security
- National security staff
- Religions and charity staff
- Journalists and broadcasters
Posted on 23rd March 2020