Outcome of Consultation on Admissions Policies 2024/25
Further to the consultation on the admissions policies 2024-25 that took place, the Governing Board have considered responses received during the consultation.
Please see an overview of responses.
Set out below are the determined admissions policies 2024-2025 for Prendergast Ladywell School, Prendergast School and Prendergast Vale School.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond.
The Leathersellers' Federation of Schools
Consultation on Admissions Policies 2024/25
The Governors of The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools are consulting on Prendergast School, Prendergast Ladywell School, and Prendergast Vale School admission arrangements for both the primary and secondary phases. These arrangements are for students who will be starting school in September 2024, or requesting admission to Prendergast Ladywell School, Prendergast School and Prendergast Vale School between September 2024 and July 2025.
The consultation with regards to changes to the Admissions Policies to the schools in The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools in September 2024 is commencing as of today, Thursday 10th November 2022, and will conclude at midnight (00:00) on Friday 6th January 2023.
The consultation schedule is as follows:
|Consultation period||Thursday 10th November 2022 to Friday 6th January 2023|
|Consultation outcome||By 28th February 2023|
|Policy published||By 15th March 2023|
|Objections to arrangements must be referred to the Schools Adjudicator||By 15th May 2023|
Governors would welcome your views on the proposed changes. The policies have been significantly updated.
The reasons for the proposed changes are:
- To make the policy more accessible for parents / carers
- To lower the published admissions number in the Sixth Form
- To support the schools to appoint staff to shortage subject areas
- To update the oversubscription criteria in the sixth form to reflect our status as a Federation and to bring it in line with the oversubscription criteria for the primary and secondary phases
Please do read the policies in order to review the changes. However, some of the more significant changes to the policies are:
- Updated medical and social criterion, stating what supplementary information is required
- Oversubscription criteria have been updated to include the children of staff where they are in the following circumstance:
The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Prendergast School’s oversubscription criteria is now in line with the other two schools:
A child whose sibling is on roll of the school in Year 7-10. The older sibling must be in the phase at time of application and expected to be in the phase at the time of enrolment.
- The oversubscription criteria for the sixth form at Prendergast School have been updated and the published admissions number has been lowered
Parents and other respondents should read the attached policies to advise themselves of the detail of the policies under consultation together with the other documents set out on this page.
Admissions Consultation Letter
Proposed Admissions Policy 2024/25 Prendergast Ladywell School
Proposed Admissions Policy 2024/25 Prendergast School
Proposed Admissions Policy 2024/25 Prendergast Vale School
Comments relating to the proposed admissions arrangements can be sent to: email@example.com
Responses to the consultation must be received by the deadline of midnight (00:00) on Friday 6th January 2023.
For information, below are the determined admissions policies for 2022/23 and 2023/24:
Prendergast Ladywell School Admissions Policy 2022/23
Prendergast School Admissions Policy 2022/23
Prendergast Vale School Admissions Policy 2022/23
Prendergast Ladywell School Admissions Policy 2023/24
Prendergast School Admissions Policy 2023/24
Prendergast Vale School Admissions Policy 2023/24