Supporting the Federation
The Leathersellers Company supports the Leathersellers' Federation of Schools in a number of ways.
- Appointment of Foundation Governors to the Governing Board of the Leathersellers' Federation of Schools.
- Awards of Excellence - a panel of Leathersellers' consideration of 6th form students nominated to receive a leaving award as a result of, for example, excellent academic achievement, overcoming of challenges in achieving success, outstanding commitment towards school life.
- The matched funding scheme supporting the fundraising efforts of our students in matching £1 for £1 funds raised for charities up to a maximum of £15,000 matched per year. This academic year the Federation has been able to double the amounts raised by the schools under this initiative, resulting in an end of year total of £23,802.24.
- Hosting visits to the Leathersellers' Hall for all Year 7 students across the Federation.
- Hosting Federation and Governor events at the Leathersellers’ Hall.
- Links to organisations allowing students to engage in cultural events such as music concerts/festivals/orchestras.
- Engagement with the Catalyst Programme, Oxford University Outreach for Y10 and Y12 students.
- Funding to support school initiatives such as:
- Federation Scholarship Programme - Engagement of a Federation Learning Mentor to work with a group of Year 8 students across the three schools as part of a scholarship programme for disadvantaged students to provide additional extracurricular and development opportunities
- City Year UK supporting disadvantaged pupils at Federation schools in and out of class for the academic year to improve educational outcomes
- Specialist staff training around topics from trauma informed schools to gender based violence and more
- Mental health support for students
- A range of additional academic support to support both high achieving students and those needing additional support, through initiatives such as the Brilliant Club, Action Tutoring, NACE, Power Club etc.
- A range of extra-curricular opportunities for students around employability with Future Frontiers, swimming, healthy eating initiatives and more
The Leathersellers’ are also able to link the Schools and pupils in with their other funding programmes including
- Direct student grants to support under-graduates who would otherwise struggle financially to access university (a recent online seminar was held for interested 6th form students and parents to learn more)
- Scholarships funded through higher education partners such as the Guildhall School of Music