Admissions and Open Days
Leathersellers' Federation of Schools Open Events 2021 for Admissions 2022/23
Open Events for Admissions 2022/23 have now concluded.
We thank all parents, carers and prospective pupils for your interest in our schools and taking the time to visit us. We hope that you found your visits informative, helpful and welcoming.
If you would like any further information or have any queries regarding Admissions September 2022 for our schools, please contact the schools directly:
- Prendergast Ladywell School firstname.lastname@example.org (T: 0208 690 1114)
Prendergast Ladywell School Admissions Policy 2022-23
- Prendergast School email@example.com (T: 0208 690 3710)
Prendergast School Admissions Policy 2022-23
- Prendergast Vale School firstname.lastname@example.org (T: 0208 297 3540 )
Prendergast Vale School Admissions Policy 2022-23
Admissions Appeals 2021 - Update for Covid-19
Update: February 2021
This provides the key dates for hearing appeals for the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools (Prendergast School, Prendergast Ladywell School and Prendergast Vale School) for entry September 2021.
The Federation will continue to follow government guidance due to the circumstances around the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including arrangements for appeals to be heard during this period.
We continue to monitor for new information.
Appeals Arrangements 2021
Under the Schools Standard and Framework Act the Governing Board of the school has to make appeal arrangements for parents/carers who wish to appeal against their child not receiving an offer of admission to the school.
For entry during 2021-22, including the secondary transfer round, the following are the Key Dates for hearing appeals:
|Date||Secondary Transfer: Event|
|1 March 2021||National Offer Day for a Secondary Transfer place in September 2021|
|30 March 2021||Deadline for lodging an appeal to this school (secondary transfer)|
|21 June 2021||Deadline for hearing appeals (secondary transfer)|
This provides you with further information about the process for hearing appeals:
- The person from whom appeal forms are available is the Office Manager – Admissions.
- During the continuing pandemic, appeal forms will be made available by download from the school website.
- Special arrangements are in place to download the appeal form during 2020-21, because schools continue to respond to government guidelines to help reduce the further spread of COVID-19 and protect our community. For secondary transfer entry in September 2021, an applicant who has been informed by the school that they have the right of appeal may download the school's appeal form from the school website at the link provided.
- Completed forms with supporting documents should be submitted by the deadline. You may submit your completed form and documents via email the school admissions or admin email address provided by the school.
- The person to whom completed appeal forms should be addressed is to the Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel c/o the school (email or envelope to be clearly marked APPEALS).
- Appellants will receive reasonable notice of their appeal hearing and other deadlines, such as deadlines for submitting additional evidence.
- Decision letters will be sent within reasonable period from the date of appeal.
For any other appeals, the schools are currently closed to most students and in-year admissions are delayed, in line with guidance.