Wellbeing Advice and Information for Parents & Students
This page contains a range of documents and website links as a source of useful information.
An overview of The Green Paper 'Transforming Children & Young People's Mental Health Provision'
Mental Health Awareness Week (14-20 May 2018): https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
Mental Health - Handy Apps and Websites
YoungMinds Vs Stress - An online movement to combat school stress. See information at YoungMinds - Coping with Stress
What is an Eating Disorder and When to Worry
Recognising Self Harm and How to Manage It - Useful Information for Young People, Parents and Teachers.
YoungMinds - Your Guide to Self Harm
Self Harm - What Young People Say
YoungMinds - No Harm Done Young People's Pack
YoungMinds - No Harm Done Professional's Pack
Self Harm - Having the first conversation
Family Action is a national charity with a local focus, delivering services from local offices across the country. https://www.family-action.org.uk/what-we-do/; Family Action - Digital Parent Support Service
The HUB. The Hub Lifeline
Lewisham provides support to individuals aged 11-25 years who are experiencing issues with substance misuse in Lewisham. 020 8690 3020
MindEd Hub. A free educational resource on children and young people's mental health for all adults. https://www.minded.org.uk/
Agnes for Girls. A recommended not for profit website with lots of advice, support, guidance and links to other sources of information and inspiration. https://agnesforgirls.com/
- SuperBetter - Increasing resilience https://www.superbetter.com/
- MindShift - An app designed to help teens and young adults cope with anxiety https://www.anxietybc.com/resources/mindshift-app
- Stop, Breathe & Think - Creating Calm and Peace. This app helps you do just that. https://app.stopbreathethink.org/
- Smiling Mind - a web/app-based program to help bring balance to people’s lives. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smilingmind.app&hl
- HeadSpace - Mediation and Mindfulness Made Simple. https://www.headspace.com/