Matched Funding Scheme
The Leathersellers' Company Charitable Fund support schools within the Federation with the running of a programme - the Matched Funding Scheme.
This scheme has been running since 2015 in which the LCCF generously match fund £1 for £1 funds raised from fundraising activities undertaken by our pupils for a wide range of charities.
- The scheme helps to encourage pupils to engage in fundraising for charities for the benefit of their community, as a key element of their development, recognising their civic responsibility in wider society.
- Match funding offers the Leathersellers’ the opportunity to recognise and celebrate those efforts.
- Both pupils and staff see the Company as being engaged in the life of their school and as a charitable force for good.
- Both pupils and staff value the recognition that the Company extends to their charitable fundraising; with opportunities such as via short videos, website articles, features in the newsletters and/or on social media.
- Relationships are created and developed between Leathersellers (staff and liverymen) and the school community (teachers and pupils).
With the support of the Leathersellers' Company Charity Fund, we are pleased to have been able to support and raise funds in 2021/22 for charities such as:
Sickle Cell Society
Blueprint for All
Cancer Research UK
DEC - Ukraine Appeal
Mental Health Foundation
British Heart Foundation
Royal British Legion
Friends of Prendergast Vale
British Exploring Society
We are delighted that at the end of this academic year the schools in the Federation have raised an amazing £23,802.24 for charities.
A huge thank you to the Leathersellers' Company Charitable Fund for their generosity in supporting our schools to achieve this.